Saturday, June 2, 2007

So... who's comin'?

I am in the recruitment process, which basically involves me bothering my friends. Of course many of my friends are not able to undertake such a venture, either because they have children, can't get the time off work (although I have strategies for that), or just don't feel that they'll be in the physical condition. I obviously can't fault anyone for that, and to be honest a few have offered to help fundraise or do whatever they can to help in other ways. The support is very appreciated.

By the next May hopefully I will be joined by seven people eager and ready to go. I'm wary about going with a larger group because I am conscious that our environmental footprint will be the size of Godzilla. I am also conscious that feeding a great mass of people is going to involve logistics beyond my immediate talents, such that calculators and others tools of Baal will be necessary to employ. Let's not hope it comes to that... *shudder*

Not like I'm getting my hopes up, but what if lots of people are interested? Well, I guess I'll cross that stream if I (doubtfully) come to it. Right now I'm shooting for a group of eight. Thus far I have three expressing interest, which for ten days of planning is not bad at all. It's too early to ask for firm commitments, but the fact that a few are willing at all feels kinda good.

No comments: