Tuesday, May 29, 2007

The Big Hike

Hi there!

In roughly one year's time, I am going to hike a large portion of the Bruce Trail in order to raise money for cancer research. I hope to raise over $10,000 for the Canadian Cancer Society, which I trust will become a small contribution to finding a cure for the greatest scourge in human history. At the moment this endeavour is called "The Big Hike," but I'm sure I or my companions will think of something better along the way, because it's kind of lacking creativity.

This blog is supposed to detail the ups and (hopefully few) downs of trying to plan this event, from the fundraising, buying gear, all the way to the excursion itself. Along the way I'm going to ask for comments, especially from those experienced in backcountry trekking, because I've never done more than a three-nighter in Tremblant park.

Why a hike? Why such a long hike? Why cancer? Why now?

Well, keep reading.

No comments: